Disadvantages of Store Bought Walk-In Tubs
In this DIY (Do It Yourself) age of Google and Pinterest and everyone cutting up pallets to decorate their house, let your creative juices flow and decorate. When it comes to home remodeling or major home renovations that include electric and plumbing, do your research and know when to seek the help of a professional. While some home improvement projects are a WANT, a walk-in tub is usually a NEED for those who call Home Smart. Store bought walk-in tubs are an option often considered. For those who think, “I’ll do it myself,” or “My son is a plumber, he can install it,” read this before you buy a walk-in tub from a store for a handyman to install.
Top 5 disadvantages of purchasing a walk-in tub from a big box retail store:
You become the general contractor. (Or hope to find a good one)
- Most handymen are not familiar with these store bought walk-in tubs and if the big box store offers installation, you become the contractor to schedule and oversee the project. Walk-in tub installations require a professional electrician and plumber who are licensed to get permits to comply with local ordinances that home improvement projects often require.
- In addition to years of experience, our team at Home Smart has been trained and Certified by Kohler to provide exceptional service. We are bathroom remodeling specialists and each of our walk-in bath installations crews install 2-3 Kohler Walk-In Bath tubs a week. That’s all they do so they know the ins and outs, the tips and tricks, the fittings, tools, and the skills needed to properly install a walk-in tub.
Unknown and unexpected costs.
- If a store bought walk-in tub is installed by a person unfamiliar with the setup and process, they may overlook crucial steps and the small details that a person would know if they did the same job every day. The final prices for home remodeling projects may change from start to finish if they do not know all the work that needs to be done. You may think this is a cheaper option than having a professional like Home Smart install it but in the end, you may have additional costs that add up.
- When Home Smart gives you a price, it is the final, accurate, DOWN TO THE PENNY price. We are professionals in our field and know what to expect and how to ensure complete satisfaction. Home Smart applies for and gets all local required permits for your project. We provide all necessary supplies and possess the skills to properly remodel your bath or shower and respect your home.
Uncertain service and warranty support.
- If that walk-in tub door is leaking or if the jets won’t turn on, who are you going to call? The store? The plumber? The electrician? The manufacturer of the tub?
- Home Smart has an Exclusive Home Smart Labor Guarantee plus the Kohler Warranty covers anything that could go wrong when remodeling. Home Smart has been in business for 18 years and Kohler has been in business for over 143 years. We are established companies and will honor our warranties should there be an issue.
Most are produced in China.
- Items are often mass produced overseas to be sold to consumers a lower price, usually resulting in a lower quality product.
- The Kohler Walk-In Bath is manufactured in Kohler, Wisconsin and tested to ensure complete satisfaction.
The price excludes the installation or green board and a wall surround.
- Once you tear out your shower, your bare walls will be exposed to water. Walk-in tubs usually come with a handheld shower sprayer wand, which will cause the walls to get wet and combined with the moisture from warm water, you walls can be a breeding ground for mold and mildew.
- Home Smart also installs wall surrounds to protect your walls from water and moisture damage. We only sell the highest quality baths, showers and walk-in tubs made in the United States. We pay special attention to the walls around the bath and also install safety grab bars on the walls for added safety.
If your bathtub is difficult to get in or out of, call today to schedule a free in home Safety Consultation. Now that you know the disadvantages of a store bought walk-in tub, let Home Smart introduce you to the Kohler Walk-In Bath. Our goal is to demonstrate that the Kohler Walk-In Bath is the safest, most accessible, easiest to use and most therapeutic walk-in tub on the market and give you the best service and price . We give you an exact price for a new Kohler Walk-In Bath to be installed and that price will not change. Check out our reviews to read the fantastic experiences our customers have had with Home Smart. Looking for a lower price? Read about our senior citizen and military discounts and special monthly offers.